We are looking for a Global Operations Director to join our management team. The Global Operations director is responsible for all operational activities of the organization, enabling Ahlers to deliver excellent service to our customers. You will be a lead of the Operations team working around all countries of Ahlers presence.
Key functional duties:
- Act as the bridge between Commercial and Operations, taking leadership over Operational Management functions. Works together with the commercial team to identify and realize opportunities for business development;
- Deliver a flexible and agile customer-oriented service with high quality at competitive costs;
- Lead the operational organization including employees engaged in Forwarding, Customs, Customer Service, S&OP planning, and Procurement and ensuring operational resources are used optimally across our different locations (Europe, CIS, Asia). Leads the operations managers in the different locations ensuring that business initiatives are implemented, and best practices are shared;
- Liaise with IT, Strategic Platforms Director, and Finance on efficient and effective business processes;
- Act to challenge and support decision making within the Management Team. Supports decision making of the Board of Directors through providing relevant and accurate operational information.
Key Competencies/Professional skills:
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical or logistics area.
- 5+ years of experience in managing a global operations team;
- Leadership and people management skills;
- Analytical mindset, good problem-solving skills, and a hands-on mentality;
- Lean and Quality mindset;
- Effective and inspirational communication skills. Express yourself fluently in English, Dutch and Russian is a very nice to have.
What has Ahlers to offer you:
- Challenging business objectives with a rewarding compensation package;
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment;
- Flexibility and hybrid work;
- Long-term perspective in a stable global company;
- Professional and compliant working environment.
Availability to travel up to 50% of the time.
English, Russian are required on day-to-day basis.
You recognize yourself in the vacancy above and it motivates you to develop your professional skills even further? Please submit your resume and we look forward to get in contact with you!