Purpose & general responsibilities of the position:
Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for sales growth by offering services to new customers in accordance with company’s strategy and for active development of new services.
BDM generates leads and actively finds new customers based on current Ahlers strategy and operational capabilities within the Business Unit Secure Transportation & International Forwarding Logistics. The role is responsible for achieving growth and accomplishing targets on new sales.
Specific responsibilities of the position:
- Identifying market and customers’ needs and opportunities (for example: development of partnerships, attending professional exhibitions and events, managing incoming enquiries, through the existing network, customer appointments/meetings etc.)
- Generating new services ideas, facilitating new services development program
- Participating in creating marketing strategies and analyzing the channels efficiency
- Managing and qualifying leads/ opportunities
- Business case calculation
- Providing accurate input for sales forecasts and plans
- Initiating the customer integration process
Specific requirements for the position:
- You have been active in a commercial role for minimum 5 years in logistics, supply chain management, supply chain security, FMCG/CPG, automotive, chemical or any other theft sensitive goods. Experience in logistics with CIS, China will be a plus.
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- You have the courage to challenge the status quo.
- You are flexible and capable to deal with deadlines.
- Can-Do Attitude is important.
- You listen to the customer and transfer a challenge/opportunity into a solution via teamwork.
- You are able to apply the right method to close a sale.
- You are result oriented.
- You have some experience with forecasting and reporting.
- You know how to work with a CRM system.
- Your English is at an advanced level.
- Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Creating and Innovating
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Relating and Networking
- An international professional environment characterized by an entrepreneurial and innovative culture.
- A competitive salary, yearly bonus, quarterly bonus.
- A remuneration package in accordance with EU Labor Law and regulations.
- Plenty of opportunity to develop international knowledge and personal qualities.
- Business trips > 50% of the working time.
- The individual hired can work in our headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium or work remotely in EU with regular meetings in the office.