- What is your current position? Head of the Operational Department at Ahlers Kazakhstan.
- What responsibilities does it entail? Manage the work of the operations department, improve processes to achieve the maximum level of service, optimize costs, and work with suppliers.
- What is an average day like in your current position? In the morning I check e-mails, sign documents, discuss work issues, and work with contracts. In the afternoon I work with quotes, and projects: teamwork, monitoring the completion of tasks, and participating in weekly Teams meetings.
- How did you get started in the industry? I started with transport logistics in 2009, but almost all of my activities were previously connected with the Supply Chain.
- What is your (educational) background? I graduated from the Polytechnic Institute, Faculty of Automation and Telemechanics. I'm a little sorry that I don't have a special education related to management.
- What positions have you held before this one? I started as a purchasing and transport manager in a small engineering company, then became the head of the transport logistics department and the head of the procurement department in the FMSG company.
- Do you have a mentor or someone that significantly helped you get to where you are today? Everything I know now comes from my working experience in different companies in distinct directions, and, of course, this is due to the help and support of my colleagues. It is difficult to name one person as a mentor, but of course, working with professionals, fans of their business, and inspiring people enriches and gives impetus to the movement towards new knowledge and practices.
- How has your field evolved since you began? Of course, logistics companies evolve and competencies increase. What seemed difficult to accomplish earlier is common practice now– delivery services, cargo taxis, and e-commerce are such examples. In general, the changes have been dramatic, and most of them have occurred in the last 3 years. Logistics became less predictable, long-term planning is impossible, and decisions are made here and now.
- How do you see it evolving further? Further digitalization, the introduction of innovative technologies, the growth of customer interest in integrated solutions, and the implementation of principles of sustainability and environmental friendliness principles.
- What changes would you like to see? Automation of routine operations (TMS/WMS), real-time tracking, use of drones for delivery, and unmanned truck deliveries.
- What makes your company different from its competitors? Customer proximity, flexibility in decision-making, high responsibility of employees and focus on results, and teamwork.
- What is the focus of your company/ its mission? Providing a high level of service that allows our clients to engage in their core business. We offer innovative, sustainable individual solutions with a unified approach at the global and local levels.
- What do you like most about your job?
I like to solve complex tasks, get new information and analyze it, and see the result that matters to the company and employees.
- What would you like people to know about your job?
Logistics is never boring.
- What do you think the industry could do to attract more youth?
Introduction of IT technologies, creation of a comfortable communication environment for generation Y, ensuring career growth and training.
- What do you do when you are not in the office?
I like to travel and read, but the main value is communication with family and friends.