- What is your current position? Procurement Manager.
- What responsibilities does it entail? My responsibilities includes the mix of Procurement and Product management. I am searching for new routes and partners for Ahlers, in certain countries or regions.
- What is an average day like in your current position? Search-communication- research interview- negotiation-documentation-analysis-… and again from the start. But it is interesting, I always get new knowledge from my working process.
- What is your (educational) background? I have two diplomas: Business management and Law.
- How did you get started in the industry? I was adventurous, I really wanted to have experience of working abroad, and took an opportunity of making a jump from Financial Analytics to Logistics. Well, it was quite successful.
- What positions have you held before this one? I worked as an Account Manager in Freight Forwarding Company, Middle East.
- Do you have a mentor or someone that significantly helped you get to where you are today? A lot of people shared knowledge during my Logistics career path, I can say I am a “child raised by whole village”. And I still learn every day here in Ahlers,
- How has your field evolved since you began?
I believe, all of us navigate in the circumstances of ever changing terms nowadays. It helps to stay focused, flexible and innovative in your performance. I honestly just accepted the fact that Logistics aim is “ always moving things in the Universe” and constantly change ways to deliver. How things evolve in the field? Fast.
- How do you see it evolving further?
I believe, in a such fast communicating (Internet) business world, the value of trust and stability of performance is the currency that never loses its value. And the rest of the changes we will figure out as a team.
- What changes would you like to see?
I’d like to put enough effort and enthusiasm to see value added to the Ahlers service.
- What makes your company different from its competitors?
People: their ethics, attitude, pursue of success.
- What do you like most about your job?
New challenges, professional environment, mentor-boss with strategic vision. Full set of advantages.
- What would you like people to know about your job?
The Greatest Source is Time, you need to spend it with care.
- What do you think the industry could do to attract more youths?
Stay open for dialogue, share knowledge and absorb new vision…
- What do you do when you are not in the office?
I walk with my dog in mountains. And also spend time with my family.