Ahlers is an international logistics company with headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium. We provide state-of-the-art logistics support in sustainable supply chain management, warehousing, projects, and machinery logistics, secured transport, trade logistics and after-sales services.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join and manage our finance team Belux, a team of 6 people. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for guiding and managing the team as well as performing and coordinating a variety of accounting tasks, including managing financial records, preparing financial reports, analyzing financial data, and ensuring compliance with accounting and tax regulations.
Your impact and responsibility will be to:
- Manage the accounting operations from A to Z and tax compliance, including cost invoices, accruals & provisions, payroll accounting, depreciations & CAPEX, balance sheet reconciliations and P&L review, VAT & tax declaration and forecast calculation.
- Ensure timely monthly closing and group reporting, including analysis of reported figures with budget/forecast.
- Responsible for timely yearly statutory closing, drafting financial statements and tax compliance and you are the main point of contact for the auditor.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide financial information and support.
- Improve financial and administrative processes, together with the finance manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting & tax.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or finance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and passion in finding automated solutions for recurring data processing.
- Experience with automated accounting systems, Exact is a plus.
- Analytical mindset, good problem-solving skills and a hands-on mentality.
- Ability to work independently and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Express yourself fluently in Dutch and English.
What has Ahlers to offer you:
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits.
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Flexibility and hybrid work.
- Long-term perspective in a stable international company.
- Professional and compliant working environment.
If you believe you are our candidate and are interested in this opportunity, please contact us. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.