Account Managers’ objective is to retain and increase revenue & profit from existing customers and to address strategic and tactical rather than operational issues with focus on cross- & up-selling.
Account manager is primarily responsible for the sales/revenue and relationships with the assigned portfolio of existing Ahlers customers. Account manager collects and provides to S&OP planning data related to assigned customers and creates sales forecasts.
Account manager works in close cooperation with the Global Key Account Managers to align on, co-create and execute the Key Account Plans.
- Ensuring sales/revenue targets are met for a portfolio of accounts
- Developing initiatives for cross- & up-sale for existing customers
- Managing leads/opportunities for assigned customers, defining price margin in accordance with mark-up policy, business case calculation, supporting with solution creation (in complex cases); negotiating contracts
- Regular communication with each assigned customer. Performing as primary point of contact to receive all issues/matters exceeding daily operational communication
- Obtaining forecast from customers, developing account plans and sales forecasts and further performance monitoring and reporting
- If escalated to AM level – managing customer claims/incidents in complex cases, managing cash collections in complex cases
- Ensuring timely and successful delivery of solutions; preparing for and conducting regular business reviews with customers; collecting customer feedback and communicating it to Operations leadership
Key professional skills:
- Ability to understand customer needs and to deliver client-focused solutions (ability to listen)
- Long-term relationship maintenance skill and political consciousness
- Expertise in customer industry knowledge and customer business
- Advanced knowledge of logistics and service lines
- Knowledge of CRM software (Salesforce)
- Sales forecasting and reporting
- Knowledge of English at Upper-Intermediate level
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Writing and Reporting
- Creating and Innovating
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking